Thursday, December 31, 2009

Does anyone really care about you?

Did I mention that I have the flu??? Yep - but I am getting better daily - and hope to be 100% by New Years!!!


Paul McCartney asked "Will you still need me? Will you still feed me? When I'm 64? Interesting question, but how do you know if anyone really cares about you? This is can be a daunting question for some, but not for me. I'm also sure that Sir Paul's definition is falls far short of the mark. I've got nailed down tight. Ready? Huh? Here ya go, here's how you can tell if someone really cares about you.



First, lets talk Vicks Vapor Rub. Most of the folks my age have heard of or used Vick's VapoRub. VapoRub is a petroleum jelly based substance - kind of like Vaseline but it has something in it stuff stinks to high heaven (found out it is called camphor). I am wearing some now; and it smells like someone is operating a large asphalt roofing factory on my chest. Man does this stuff stink. It stinks up this entire Hilton Hotel Room we are staying in. On the otherhand, somehow, it seems to help clear up nasal congestion and make it easier to breath. What does Vicks VapoRub have to do with caring about someone? Simple -

  1. Anyone who will help apply this foul substance called Vicks to another person's chest; obviously cares deeply for that person. It gets on your hands and it will not come off easily.


  2. Anyone who will sleep in the same room with a person wearing Vicks VapoRub, obviously cares deeply for that person. Honestly, I'd rather sleep next to a great big pile of flaming cow chips than have this stuff on my chest......but somehow it does seem to help with cough and congestion...oooooh but it is nasty!!!!!

Tonight, Nancy rubbed this crap all over my chest. She didn't complain or anything. She knew it would help me breath and sleep better and that was all she cared about. This is how I know that Nancy truly cares about me.....Vicks Vaporub...the real test of a relationship!!! Put that in your romance magazine!

Man does this stuff stink!

All the best,

mike

No comments:

Post a Comment