Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Help... Please Come by and Come Buy!!!

The changes around this joint are amazing. Here's a picture of our home 969 Lycomedes Cove in lovely suburban Cordova, TN.


1. You can now actually park a car in the garage!

2. There is only one bookshelf left in my office -some 1200 books have been shuttled elsewhere.

3. There is not a dirty pan in the kitchen.

4. No empty beer cans in my office.

5. No messy sink in my bathroom. I have to clean it every time I clean my face or hands.

6. Every toilet seat is down, and every toilet lid is closed. (this is very dangerous in at nite)

7. There is not a cob web in the house.

8. There are vacuum lines on the carpet everyday. (I put them there myself)

9. There are no stacks of mail or newspapers, anywhere.

10. I can't always find my shaving kit in the morning.

11. Hell, I have even washed off all the oil stains off the driveway from my old junk cars.

12. I routinely find myself in the backyard picking up Schnauzer poop.



I am living in a bubble. My term for this is the FSBO Bubble. Yep, you got it, the For Sale By Owner Bubble. We never know when someone will come by (or more hopefully when someone will come buy). So we are stuck in this perpetual cleaning, straightening mode. A good example of how extreme things have gotten is in the picture to the right. No, that is not a snap shot of a swanky blues club - that's what is left of my old office. It still works for me as a headquarters, and I did manage to keep my beer fridge; but other than that, most of good junk has been wiped out by the FSBO Bubble.



Here's a shot of our breakfast nook - Please don't get the idea that I come down in a pair of silk pajamas and have breakfast with Nancy here. We can't cook breakfast because it will mess up the kitchen and the breakfast nook. I'm going to remember this the next time I have to go and look for a new place to live. Things always look good, till you move in and have to live in a place.

We hosted an "Open House" last weekend. It was colder than a Brass Monkey. Guess what? For two days we didn't do anything, for fear of messing the house up and only one person came by - and it was our neighbor. I think I may need to do more work on my marketing efforts. Anyhow....


I need to get somebody to come by and come buy. Lettin Go of this house may be a little tougher than I thought. A big schlob like me can't last too long in a FSBO bubble.

All the best,
mike

1 comment:

  1. Damn...all cleaned up and no silk pajamas? Doesn't sound right to me!

    Nice home, Mike...and great writing about living "clean!"

    Di XO

    ReplyDelete